15 Mar Six Sigma – Introduction to Entering the Dojo – Online Course
Get an introduction to Six Sigma and how its process management tools can improve businesses
Six Sigma is a set of qualitative and quantitative quality tools that can help a business improve their processes. The efficiency built into the business processes brings about improved profits, confidence and quality. Ultimately this effort is there to ensure customer satisfaction.
The term Six Sigma comes from statistics to indicate that the process outputs fall within three standard deviations from the center (expected value) giving a range of six standard deviations (or 6 sigma- 6 σ). As a result in terms of individual outputs it means you would have 3.4 defects per million items.
This course is designed to introduce students to basic concepts of Six Sigma particularly in continuous process improvement. Various quality tools used in process improvements will be explored as well as the importance of customer relationships. Courses in Lean, quality and teams will provide knowledge on the other aspects of how Six Sigma works. It is a predecessor to studies in Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Understand the Basics of Six Sigma.
- Describe the seven quality tools to solve process problems.
- Describe the various quality management tools.
- Describe incremental and breakthrough improvements and understand the methodologies of continuous improvement projects.
- Describe the importance of customer relationships in a quality organization.