22 Oct Orientation Handbook – Getting Employees off to a Good Start – Online Course
An effective human resource professional knows that managing employee performance is more than responding to problems, conducting performance reviews, or hiring staff. Performance management begins with an orientation to the organization and the job, and continues on a daily basis as employees are trained and coached. A thoughtful new employee orientation program, coupled with an employee handbook (or website) that communicates workplace policies, can reduce turnover and those reductions save your organization money. Whether your company has two employees or a thousand employees, don’t leave employee retention to chance. Engage them from the moment they are hired; give them what they need to feel welcome, and let them impress you with what they bring to your company.
This course is just the start that you need! Learning objectives for participants include:
- Understand how important an orientation program is to an organization.
- Identify the role of the human resource department in the orientation program.
- Recognize how the commitment curve affects both new employees and their managers.
- Know what companies can do to deliver their promise to new employees.
- Determine the critical elements of effective employee training.
- Establish the importance of having an employee handbook for new and long-term employees.