10 May Improving Mindfulness – Online Course
Life constantly demands our attention, but when we become fixated on the past or worried about the future, we often miss vital information in our present.
Mindfulness, put simply, is a state of mind where you are fully conscious and engaged in the present moment and with the demands of the present moment. Cultivating a state where you are consistently aware of your present moment takes practice. Nevertheless, by learning to abide in the present, you acquire a sense of perspective that can allow you to learn from the past without it overwhelming you with resentment and regret, and plan for the future without it overwhelming you with anxiety or dejection.
This course touches on practicing mindfulness, developing emotional intelligence, cognitive distortion and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, gratitude and mindfulness in customer service and leadership.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what mindfulness and gratitude are
- Develop techniques to make oneself more attuned to the present moment
- Understand the value and utility of one’s emotions
- Identify and counter distorted thinking
- Cultivate genuine positive emotions
- Become more fully present in social interactions